Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Game and The Baby Watch

The Wings beat the Kings 6-2 tonight. They outplayed LA almost every minute of the game, so it wasn't that hard to predict the outcome. The normal cast of characters got goals or assists and my baby boy got his 8th goal of the season. YAY! Now it is on to a five game road trip. Not a REGULAR road trip, however--they will play two games and then take a couple of days off for Christmas and then play the last three.

It looks as if three of the Wings will be going to the All-Star game. Lidstrom is the top defenseman vote-getter (and overall top vote-getter) and Datsyuk and Zetterberg are the top two forward vote-getters in the Western Conference. Do I dare say it? This just may be the Wings' year to win it all! (Okay, maybe I just jinxed the whole thing.) I'm just glad to see a little love and recognition given to some of the Detroit players--they really are ignored way too often. Or, at least, HAVE been in the past.




--Detroit Red Wings' Dan Cleary, left, and Niklas Kronwall (55) of Sweden congratulate Valtteri Filppula of Finland on his goal against Los Angeles Kings during the third period of their NHL hockey game on Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2007 in Detroit. The Red Wings won 6-2. (AP Photo/Jerry S. Mendoza)--


**********


Talked to C tonight and she was still at home. She is pretty convinced that the way she has been feeling for several days is an indication that the baby will come very soon. Actually, for her sake, I hope that is true. She has been pretty miserable--and it isn't surprising, as this is only the second baby that is 'normal' sized! So, we continue with the baby watch. Updates will follow as they become available. :)

4 comments:

  1. the waiting is THE WORST. I hope for her sake that baby comes SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree--and it is much worse for her as she has only 'been pregnant' this long one other time. She just doesn't know what it is like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's that time already?? It seems like I just read about her being pregnant!

    I'll be saying prayers for her..

    ReplyDelete
  4. burg: Doesn't it seem as if the time has gone by fast? You would think with her being pregnant ALL the time, that time would drag, but this has gone by quickly. I KNOW, though, that the time hasn't gone as fast for her as it has for me! :D

    Thanks for the prayers--they are always welcome and needed.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...