Thursday, December 27, 2007

After Christmas

As you can tell, I DIDN'T write any posts for the last few days, so that means only one thing: C DID NOT have the baby yet. First, they do all they can--including daily injections of a blood-thinner and weekly injections of progesterone--to keep her from going into premature labor, then she can't go into labor even though she TRIES! She is so sure she will be in the hospital on New Year's Eve--just in time to disrupt their party. (She puts on a big celebration for her, her husband and the kids--complete with noisemakers and party hats. They also do it to celebrate their anniversary--they got married on New Year's Eve.) One way or another, she will have the baby in a week.

This was one of the best Christmas's I have had in quite a while. I didn't let myself get too run down and my youngest was home for a few days. I didn't have any meltdowns and I kept depression at bay--actually, I didn't have any depressing thoughts at all. I MUST be getting better! :) The only thing that would have been better is if K wouldn't have had to work. Can't have everything, I guess.

I got some nice gifts--as I usually do. A and her husband got me some of Grisham's early novels in hardcover. I want to have all of his books in hardcover, as I collect him. She is lucky because of living in the city--she has access to used bookstores and they have a great one near them. My very good friend gave me a glass bowl that was made in Finland, designed by a Finnish artist in the 60s. Cool stuff. It looks just like this (the large one):




K managed to surprise me again this year. He only got me one thing from my list: a game for my Nintendo DS Lite. My BIG gift from him was a flat-paneled TV for the computer room. I love the fact that I can now watch the Wings AND do what I have to do on the computer at the same time. (Not to disparage the gift at all, but I think he got it for himself as much as for me. :)) I'm a happy camper.

I'm not sure when I will start taking down the Christmas decorations, but I don't feel a great need to do it right away. I should go out and look for a Christmas tree bag and once I find one, I'm sure I will be getting the house back to normal. But, right now, I'm not in any hurry. All in all, an absolutely amazing year for me!

I hope you all had a great time, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...