Friday, December 28, 2007

The Game

Baby Boy was named the first star of Thursday's game--the second night/game in a row for him. The reason? Filppula got two goals, again--one of which was a short-handed goal--totaling four goals in the last two games/nights. He is on fire! He now has 13 goals on the season, ten in eight games. Yeah, he is showing his skills in all aspects of the game--and he is beautiful to watch.

Colorado actually played a bit better than Detroit tonight, but the score ended up as Detroit 4, Colorado 2. The last goal for the Wings was an empty net one, so the score was closer than it looked. I'm amazed at how well they are playing without several 'stars'--Z and Homer still aren't back. Now it's on to Phoenix for the game on Saturday and then the New Year's Eve game at home before they get a bit of a rest. Hope they can stay on their roll.

Babcock will be the coach of the Western Conference team for next month's All-Star game. Three of the top four vote-getters for the west are Wings: Lidstrom, Zetterberg, and Datsyuk. While I want to see them play the game, I worry about injuries. What a waste to get injured during an exhibition game. Last year Z was voted in but didn't play--he needed the rest. I know Lidstrom will play, as he did last year, but Z might bow out again. Datsyuk will probably play, I would think. Pretty cool, though, that three Wings AND the coach are all part of the All-Star team.



--Detroit Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk, left, of Russia, congratulates goalie Dominik Hasek, of the Czech Republic, after the Red Wings' 4-2 victory over the Colorado Avalanche in an NHL hockey game in Denver on Thursday, Dec. 27, 2007. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)--

2 comments:

  1. OK you had me scared for a second there. I thought you had a grandchild, a boy, and your daughter named him Filppula.
    I have to go lie down now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY laughed over that one! :D

    No, I really don't have to worry that C will name a kid after Valterri Filppula--I'M the huge VF fan, not her. On the other hand, if we are talking Steve Yzerman...:D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...