Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bad For You

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." -- Anonymous


I am really waiting for 'them' to come out and say that yogurt is very bad for a person's health. I EAT yogurt, simply because it is supposed to be good for you, but it is NOT the first thing I gravitate towards when I go into the frig. I have a problem with food that you can never tell when it has gone 'bad.' Really now, unless you have had that carton in the frig for months, does yogurt EVER go 'bad'? I remember, years ago and before home yogurt-makers, The Mother would make it as my great-grandmother did: by leaving a bowl of milk with a spoonful of 'start' mixed in, on the kitchen counter. For days. This caused the milk to sour and ferment and coagulate. Isn't this just milk gone 'bad'? So, if what you are eating is food gone 'bad,' then it can never go 'bad' again. It is just is so confusing and the only way to get out of this is just to declare that yogurt is not good for people. End of discussion. Unless, of course, you want to talk about sour cream...

3 comments:

  1. If yougurt is bad for you, my bad odors that emanate from me should subside? I mean if it's already bad...there should be no odors?

    I'm gonna have to think about this...my head hurts now. lol

    Dazd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost afraid to ask... What was the "start?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dazd: So we are thinking two 'bad' things combined have to be a good thing? TOOO much to think about, I agree.

    Red: Yeah, I guess that can be something that sounds frightening. Actually, the 'start' was a spoonful of yogurt from the last batch--you stirred it into the bowl of milk and left it to do its thing. Can't believe anyone really ate the stuff--and I even did, a few times. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...