Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just Another Day

"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later." - Mary Bly


--Well, I watched Prison Break last night and, still it is holding my interest. It really is almost totally different from last year, as they are now out of prison--so I don't know if the same level of quality writing will be sustained. I AM a little pissed off about some of the really far-fetched stuff. (SPOILER ALERT) Sewing the hand on--by a VET!!!!--was a little off-the-wall, but I will stay with it. Hopefully, they will keep things like that to a minimum. And I am SURE that they will be bringing Veronica back--I'm totally convinced she isn't dead--after all, they brought Abruzzi 'back from the dead' last year. Oh, well, watching Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell is worth the hour spent--even if the storyline isn't the best!


--Instead of going with K to trivia tonight, I went and did some shopping. I sure wish it would have been as much fun as trivia! Wal Mart was so terrible, again, that I WILL be getting in touch with the manager tomorrow. And this has NOTHING to do with the students! The last couple of times I have been in that store, they have had only about 4 or 5 checkouts open--out of 25 or so that they have! You wander up and down the aisle, looking for a checkout that has less than five people waiting AND YOU CAN'T FIND ONE! Tonight, I waited for almost 30 minutes in line and that is too freaking long. At this point, there is nothing that I get at Wal Mart that I can't get elsewhere, so I may be doing a one-woman boycott if things don't change soon. The only bad thing: Wal Mart is open for 24 hours and the other stores around here aren't. Bummer.

--This weekend is Labor Day weekend and I will be at home, doing nothing, by myself. K is scheduled to work on Saturday and Monday, and it looks like he will be doing an overtime shift on Sunday. The annual blues festival is this weekend and I had hoped we could go, but doesn't look like it. Oh, well, maybe next year.

--I took the plunge tonight and bought myself some Mederma. (Damn stuff is expensive!) This is the stuff that is supposed to help scars heal and look better. The scar that was left from when I cut it a few weeks ago, is not doing too well, so I thought this might help. I sure hope so, otherwise I may have to see a doctor to do something with it--it may be a hypertrophic scar. We'll see. More fun times at the doctor's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...