Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Not At Home

Tonight is our second night in St. Paul and we still have tomorrow night to go before we head home. I didn't do a post last night because I was so tire and had a headache--I guess I really am not much of a traveler. We really didn't do much yesterday--we found our daughter's house and visited with her for a time and then drove around to get the lay of the land. We had dinner and then went to sleep.

Today we were running around all day. We found a 'regular' mall and walked through it. There was nothing more than what you would find at any mall, but it killed some time. We got to visit with A and her husband and then we went to the Mall of America. I was very impressed by the size of the place--there is an amusement park, complete with Ferris wheel, in the middle of the mall. We walked through the entire place--I THINK!--and then came back to our room. After we had dinner, we went to see if we could find the Xcel Center so that we will know where to go when we come back for the concert. As it is, the Xcel Center is right in the middle of downtown St. Paul--just a stone's throw from the capitol building. We didn't have much trouble with traffic, but it was early evening and there wasn't anything going on at the Center. Thank goodness we will be staying right next to the Center when we come here next month--we won't have to worry about driving after the concert. Considering the Center holds almost 20,000 people, I think traffic just might be a tad ridiculous.

Tomorrow we will be going to the outlet mall that is about 45 miles north of here. We should be able to get the grandkids some school clothes and it always is an added bonus if I can find something for myself! I'm going to be Super Shopper tomorrow--there will be skid marks on my credit card! This mall is supposed to have almost 100 stores, so I should be able to do all sorts of damage to my credit card--but everything will be on sale and/or at a discount, so I actually will be SAVING money. Tomorrow evening, A will show us where she works--at an animal hospital/clinic--and I will be able to see some of the animals she is always telling me about. It will have to be a fairly early evening, as we will have to get some sleep so we can get an early start on Friday morning. Then, it will be back home again.

So far, the trip has been nice--I even have been pretty good when we have been in heavy traffic. (I don't do well when there are 4 lanes of traffic going in both directions! I AM a small-town girl, after all.) K has NOT listened to my directions only a couple of times and that hasn't even caused too big of a problem. This seems to be a nice city and I would like to be back fairly often--of course to see A and her husband, but also to do some of the other things they have to do here. I would like to get to the zoo and there are some museums that would be great to go to, but that will have to be another time.

3 comments:

  1. cmk,
    Welcome here! I hope you have fun in the area--let us know when you come back for the concert--we have a lot of bloggers in the area--we can go out and have some coffee or a drink, or y'know, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need another vacation to recover from your vacation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma: Thanks for stopping by!

    Kristi: How fun would that be, but, alas, I don't think it can happen! The daughter and her hubby will need attention :) and I think we will have to get together with her in-laws. Hopefully, maybe, another time?

    Doug: I have ALWAYS felt as if I needed a vacation after a vacation! Just the same way I always have felt the last place a sick person should be is in the hospital--there just is NO rest in a hospital. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...