Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Little Bits

--There is a place in San Luis Obispo, California that is called BubbleGum Alley. Since 1960, people have been placing used chewing gum on the walls of this place and continue today. In some places, the gum is 15 wads thick! Here is a link to some pictures. Yuck!

--Sebastian is a long-haired, black Persian cat. He has a bit of a dental problem--he has quite an underbite. His owner is a dentist who was concerned over the fragility of his lower canine teeth. The owner decided to fix the problem by putting gold crowns on said teeth. No comment. Go here for the whole story and a picture of Sebastian proudly displaying his crowns.

--Here is a site where you can plot all of the states you have been to and then see them colored on the map of the US. It is fun to see all of the places I have been to, but it sure is more impressive looking than it actually is--I have driven through quite a few states, not actually 'visited' them. There also is a map where you can plot the countries you have been to, but as I have only been to TWO, I won't even bother with that one. :) Here is my map:


7 comments:

  1. Nothing more appetizing than ABC gum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you've avoided Indiana...for shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dazd: Not AVOIDED, just neglected to drive through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha ummmmm...well, ok. I'll accept that for now. But looking at the map...Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan and Illinois while neglecting Indiana is a major feat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONSIDERING...Ohio to visit relatives AND to drive through to get to South Carolina--that is why Tennessee, Kentucky, and North Carolina, too. AND have never been further south than Chicago. So, we REALLY have not been avoiding Indiana, just haven't had the chance to visit your lovely state! (Enough grovelling? :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grovel meter has recorded acceptable levels. I will forward them to the Indiana Department of Tourism via email. Thank you for participating in our survey.

    heh

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...