Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Just Bits

--I actually think this is kind of a neat idea: An egg company in the UK has developed an ink which can be imprinted onto eggs. This ink will become visible when the egg is cooked to perfection. You can read the story here.

--Okay, I love my cat--and I AM an animal-of-all-sorts lover--but I think this may be a bit too much. You can now buy FLAVORED BOTTLED water for your dog. Only $7.49 for a 4-pak. And this is going for an animal that will regularly drink out of a toilet bowl if given the chance. Right. Although, I DO have to admit I think Frosty Paws are quite a cute idea!

--The Red Wings have FINALLY signed a starting goalie: Dominik Hasek. Can't call him a NEW goalie, as he has played for Detroit before--AND helped them win the Cup in 2002. He is 41 years old and has been plagued with injuries in the past, so who is to say what he will be able to do this season. Chris Osgood will be the back-up goalie. I realize the age-thing helps a lot in terms of maturity and the ability to play under pressure, but the Wings HAVE to start thinking about getting some younger players. I thought with Yzerman (41 years old) retiring and Shanahan (37 years old) leaving, they would only have Chelios (44 years old) to worry about in terms of age--but I guess not. Now, they will have at least 8 players aged 35 or older. Yikes! Really, hockey is so very hard on the body that it can't possibly be considered an old man's game. I still have hope for the season, though. (Oh, Lord, help me--I ACTUALLY called someone 44-years-old, OLD! I am ashamed.)

5 comments:

  1. If they'd make water that tasted like her butt, my dog would never come up for air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 44 OLD? Well... for hockey I suppose. But not for LIFE (I truly HOPE)! ~ jb///

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat is so damn finicky that she will ONLY drink out of her dish if she absolutely HAS to--she likes 'fresh' water straight out of the tap, while standing in the sick drinking directly out of it. What we do for our pets...

    So, RT, you trying to START something with me! :)

    LZ: oh, I HOPE 44 isn't too old for LIFE--otherwise I have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...