Sunday, August 13, 2006

Same Old, Same Old

It has been a couple of days since I posted about the chipmunk in our house, so here is an update: it is still here. As of today, it has been upstairs at least 3 times--this afternoon, for one. I CANNOT figure out how it is getting up here. It is NOT getting up from the basement door, so it has to be coming through one of the numerous rodent-sized holes in the floor: for example, the holes around the hot-water pipes in our heat runs. Of course, the queen-of-the-world (our cat) has just decided that this is a new member of our household--SHE DOES NOTHING but looks at it and walks away! And it has nothing to do with the fact she has no claws--it is just that she is so lazy. I'm sure she wants ME to get the damn thing and present it to her to play with--just like with flies and other bugs.

Anyway, K put down a live trap for the thing and the following morning he saw evidence that the food had been eaten--and NO chipmunk was in the trap. The trap was too big--the chipmunk didn't weigh enough! (This was the smallest live trap he could find.) So he decided 'no more Mr. Nice Guy' and went out to get a rat trap--he was done worrying about killing the damn thing. The following morning, the chipmunk had set off the trap and escaped none the worse for wear! I think the thing is too smart for its own good. I told him we HAVE to have the thing out of the house before we go out of town--I just don't know what we will do with all of our food if a chipmunk is allowed to have full access to the house. After all, it's not as if the cat will do anything about it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links--the hubby is trying the sticky-pad traps for tonight. Hopefully that will do it!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...