Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Again About The Reception

A little more about the reception we were at on Saturday. The music was provided by an authentic mariachi band. Unfortunately, they were only okay. And to top it all off, they were LOUD!! I really felt sorry for the people who were sitting at the table closest to the band--they were no more than five feet away. They must have left with ringing in the ears! I definitely was glad we sat closer to the back.

As I mentioned in the last reception post, this was a double reception--two sisters got married and had a combined party. The girls are a year apart from my girls--the oldest is a year older than C and the youngest is a year older than A, so I have known them the entire time we have lived in this house. And I am sure they have given their mother more than a moment's worth of anxiety about their marriages.

The youngest met her husband in South America. She visited him for about a year and they then decided it was too much travel, so they married there--it was the only way he could get his visa. He has been in this country a little over a year now.

The oldest daughter has lived in another state for a while now, so I don't know how she met her husband. He is from Europe and they got married rather quickly because he was having problems with HIS visa. (He was already here in the States.)

While I am hoping for the best for both girls--and they all seemed happy--I hope neither of these men are taking them for a ride. It just seems a bit strange--but I will admit I don't know the WHOLE story about either relationship. Like I said, I'm sure the mother has had many an anxious moment and many sleepless nights. We all just want what is best for our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...