Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Long Way To Go For Dinner--And LOTS Of Weather

As I mentioned before we went on our road trip, we went out of town to have dinner with friends--and that is about all we did. We got a little shopping in, but nothing worth mentioning. It is very good to get out of town, though.

When we got home, the cat hadn't eaten much of the food I left for her. With that--and the fact there was so much water in the basement--I had to guess there was bad weather while we were gone. I thought it was going to be bad where we went--I had kept up with the weather forecasts--but we didn't even have a thunderstorm.

Today, we made it onto the Weather Channel. The skies opened up this afternoon and rained 'ice!' We got so much hail that it looked as if we had a snow storm--some of the hail was 3" in diameter. I don't know if we ever have had such bad hail. While I don't THINK any damage was done to our vehicles--haven't done too good of an examination--the hail DID take out the screen on our back storm/screen combo door. It really was something. I wonder what this did to crops in the area?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...