Saturday, June 23, 2007

NHL Draft

On Friday, the NHL draft was held. Yippee?! It is really kind of hard to get too excited about this--after all, most of those being picked are still in their teens and won't even SEE the inside of an NHL rink for many years to come! Detroit picked 27th and got a defenseman.

The neatest thing about the draft: the first two picks were AMERICAN BORN PLAYERS! I guess we DO grow hockey players here in the States, after all. :) All in all, ten Americans were picked during this first round. Now THAT is something worth cheering about.

1 comment:

  1. Blogger must be mad at me...I see that you were able to post something tonight (Sat) but I tried to a bit ago and even though my newest post shows on the dashboard list of blog posts it doesn't show up on my blog yet! Grr!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...