Wednesday, June 13, 2007

WHY Do They Do This To Me?

Last Friday, I went for my six month cleaning and check-up at the dentist. Of course, my dentist wasn't 'in the office' again. (I think he may be semi-retired.) Fine, I'll see him next time. Then on Monday, I got a call saying he was checking over my x-rays and 'saw something' and would like to see me. GREAT! For a dental-phobic like I am (see here), that is like saying he wants me to come in so he could rip my arm off and cram it down my throat! To say I have been on edge since then, is putting it mildly.

So, I got up this morning--morning, there are MORNINGS?--and hauled my ass to the dentist's office. This, of course, is no easy task, as we are fully into the 'construction season' around here. (You know, we have two seasons here in the UP: winter and construction.) Every easy route--or every one of my normal routes--to get to the office is closed. To get somewhere that is 5 minutes away from our house, now takes AT LEAST 15 minutes. I don't know if it is any faster to go through the detours--and the 4-way stops every two blocks--or go allllll the way arrrrround like I do. I can't believe so many roads are torn apart and we still are able to get around this town--not easily, but we can still get around. I DON'T go downtown because 'you can't get there from here'--it is so complicated that it is easier to stay away. I get my hair done and frequent some businesses--as well as the dentist--on 3rd street, which doesn't have easy access anymore. I can't imagine what will happen when the students come back in the fall--some of the road work isn't supposed to be done till November!

Anyway, I got off on a tangent. Now, I am so anal about taking care of my teeth, that when ANYTHING even slightly negative is said, I go nuts! Even getting the braces off hasn't cut down on the time it takes me to do my nightly cleaning routine--at least not by much! So, it just seems so unlikely for a problem to crop up that I don't handle it well when one does.

After sitting for almost a half hour--they just WANT my blood pressure to go sky high, don't they?--I was brought into the exam room. The dentist came in and did the exam and ordered new x-rays. As it turned out, there was an 'anomaly' on the original x-ray and there is nothing wrong with my teeth. I certainly breathed a sigh of relief.

And now, my dear readers, this has been a lesson on how to take a very boring, short sentence (Had to see the dentist--everything was fine.) and turn it into a reasonably lengthy post--and get away with it! :D

1 comment:

  1. Good job! :)

    I'm going to the dentist this afternoon for "deep cleaning" in one area. Ick.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...