Thursday, June 14, 2007

NHL Awards

For the fifth time, Nick Lidstrom won the Norris Trophy. (NHL's best defenseman) Only two other players have won the trophy more times--and one of them was Bobby Orr! Pavel Datsyuk won the Lady Byng Trophy for the second year in a row. (for sportsmanship) The low level of penalty minutes a player has seems to have a big part in being considered for the Lady Byng. While it is true that the contenders for the trophy play the game as it is intended in its purest form, I would GLADLY have Datsyuk not be in contention next year if he would only do a little more hitting. And I KNOW he can do it--I've seen him.

Congratulations to Nick and Pavel--the Wings are lucky to have both of you!

2 comments:

  1. My hubby wants to have you over for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just so he can pick an old-timer's brain? ;) (Don't forget, I REMEMBER watching Bobby Orr!)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...