Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wii Are Having Fun

Okay, I know it's a bad pun, but I just had to do it! This is my official announcement: I FOUND A WII!!!!!

Yesterday, A called to tell me they got their Wii--and did the 'nanner, nanner' bit. So, while I was out shopping last night, I decided to look for one and Target actually had THREE on the shelf. I was so excited that I almost forgot to go to the grocery store--I wanted to get home so badly to set the thing up.

All I have to say is this: RUN, don't walk, to the nearest place that sells Wiis, and get one for yourself. I don't remember the last time I have had so much fun 'playing.' Basically, I buy Nintendo systems so that I can play one of the gazillion Legend of Zelda titles. I haven't even put the Zelda disc into the system yet and I'm still having more fun than I imagined. The Wii comes with Wii Sports, which includes tennis, golf, baseball, bowling, and boxing. To play these, you actually have to stand up and MOVE--just as if you were playing the real thing. I actually broke a sweat while boxing! As I told A, we don't EVER have to worry about paying the membership fee at a gym anymore--all we have to do is work out on the Wii!

Now, I will have to go and do my workout for the day! :)

Boxing 5

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Now I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might, but what is it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. burg: Honestly, it is the most fun I have ever had 'exercising!'

    jan: A Wii is the newest game console/system from Nintendo. They have been selling out so fast that they are hard to find--I've been looking since shortly after Christmas and finally got my hands on one. Google 'Wii' and you can find out all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you found time to post. Exercising great restraint from the temptaion of the Wii, I'm sure. :)

    Sounds like fun...I'll have to find someone that owns one to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dazd: Believe me, between playing the Wii and watching season 3 of Farscape--I only have one more season to buy!!--my time is just not my own anymore. :)

    A friend of mine--who I NEVER would have expected to like playing the Wii--LOVES bowling. She said it is just like going to a bowling alley, but WITHOUT the cigarette smoke. :D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...