Saturday, June 02, 2007

Home Again

We got home yesterday afternoon from our road trip. Other than the play, it was a normal kind of trip: a little eating, a little shopping, a little visiting. It was, as usual, just nice to get away.

Now, about The Lion King. It was simply one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had! The performance was absolutely fantastic from the make-up to the costumes to the music. While the story isn't anything to write home about--it IS after all a Disney story--the music and performances were mesmerizing. I am so in awe of anyone who can sing--and could THESE people SING! While my friend was impressed with the dancing--that would be her dream: to be able to dance--I couldn't get enough of the singing. (While I LOVE to sing every chance I can, NO ONE wants to hear me when I do!) The play started at 7:30 and we weren't out of the theater until after 10:00. The money we spent on the tickets was well worth it--and it still would have been worth it if we would have spent twice as much. Don't EVER pass up the opportunity to see this play!

**********

Our youngest and her husband are getting here in a couple of hours to spend the weekend. We have a graduation party to attend tomorrow--her surrogate baby sister, whom A babysat for years. It will be nice to have them here again, but it won't be nearly enough time to spend together. Oh, well, what can you do.

Hope you all have a nice weekend--I know we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...