Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hasek's Coming Back

Dominik Hasek will be back for the 2007-08 season. I'm really not all that surprised as I'm pretty sure he wants to retire with a Stanley Cup win. He did very well this last year and if they can keep him healthy, he will do fine next season. He doesn't have many more seasons left in him--he will turn 43 next birthday. But, at this point, there just aren't any good goalies available at a reasonable price--and considering Hasek won't be paid much more than his $750,000 base salary next year, he is a bargain. This will give the Wings enough time to get Howard up to speed for the NEXT year, or time to figure out whether they want to try and get someone who is established. It just is good to have one more player signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...