Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Funky Days

I have been feeling a bit funky for the last few days--I'm hoping things are straightening out. Don't know what's going on with me. Oh, well.

On Monday, K had his yearly physical and I had my mammograms. Be still my heart--another time I got felt up! While I would REALLY like to be at one of K's appointments, he doesn't want me there. I do totally understand him not wanting me there WHILE the exam is being done, but it would be nice if we both could sit with the doctor and discuss what is going on. All in all, things are going fine for him--one of his numbers is slightly elevated, but nothing to be concerned about. K asked for a referral to a nutritionist--about time--and told the doctor I think he needs a colonoscopy--which he DOES need. I should get a referral fee if I have to continue making suggestions about his health. :) I'm still waiting for the doctor's office to call and set up the appointments--can't figure out why they didn't do them while he was there.

For some reason or other, I was so tired on Monday night that I was in bed before 9:30. That was all well and good, except for the fact that I got up at 4:30 AM on Tuesday and couldn't get back to sleep. I was able to get my grocery shopping, etc, done before noon yesterday--could actually be a first for me! :) Then for some reason or other, I couldn't get tired enough to go to sleep last night! My sleep cycle is SO screwed up I don't think there is anything that can be done about it.

While in the grocery store yesterday, I managed to attract one of my little old men. When I say this guy was old, I mean OLD--one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel old. Yup, he decided I was ripe for the pickin' and had to try and flirt with me. ICK! It took me a little while to get away from him--he insisted on having a conversation with me--he was a bit spry for his age. Old men and drunks: my fans.

C and the baby are doing fine--they were sent home on SUNDAY morning! Before having my hysterectomy, I always thought women who had C-sections were taking the easy way out. HA!!! I cannot imagine WHY they would send a woman home to a houseful of kids--AND with a new-born--so soon after having surgery like that. Although, she ASKS to be let out as soon as possible. Knowing her, if there was a way to do it, she would get right off of the operating table and go straight home. Quite something, she is.

The weather probably has something to do with my funky feeling. We have had record high temps in the last few days and the snow is melting like crazy. Of course, it couldn't last and we are expecting snow and colder temperatures through the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:39 PM

    C is like a super hero having GONE HOME already? sheesh.

    You probably have the After Holiday Blues...OR....you might be getting sick. That seems to be going around the planet these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess I am sick--just NOT in the way you might mean! :) Here I am, I've been up for over an hour and it is 6:30 AM. Went to bed around 10:00 PM last night--unheard of for me! If this keeps up, I'm NEVER going to be able to watch any more of the west coast games. :D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...