Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

We are in the middle of our cold spell, but things should be improving slowly. Right now the temp is +4, which is warm compared to what it has been the last few days. I'm not sure the temp got above zero yesterday, so ANY number that has a plus sign in front of it is good. With the wind chill, we are at -16. BRRRRRR. The only good thing about the cold: we don't get much snow when the temps are so low. Not sure which is better, too much snow or too low temps.

*********

Speaking of the cold, a college ski tournament had to be moved here this weekend because the temps were too cold to hold it in Minnesota where it originally was supposed to be. Ski tournaments can't be held if the temp is less than -4 and it was forecast that the temps would be much colder than that.

**********

A couple of celebrities have passed. Allan Melvin, who played Sam the Butcher on the Brady Bunch, was 84. Suzanne Pleshette, who played Emily Hartley on The Bob Newhart Show was 70. As it seems that these deaths come in groups of three, a third might be announced within a couple of days. (How gruesome can I be, hey?)

**********

NBC has begun showing The (Hockey) Game of The Week as of today. I still have so much trouble watching--the announcers make the most asinine comments, as if EVERY person watching is a total idiot. I realize they are trying to explain the game to people who aren't hockey fanatics as I am, but do you HAVE to explain that the game is played on ice? (An exaggeration, but you get my drift.) But then, I have a bit of a problem watching Canadian announcers because THEY act as if NO ONE but Canadians are worthwhile when it comes playing or watching the game. I guess I just can't get used to anyone but Ken, Mickey, and Larry in Detroit! :) (Not TOO much of a 'homer,' am I?)

**********

The Wings began their road trip with a 6-3 win over the Sharks. I got a little scared when the Wings blew their two goal lead in the second, but they came back with two more of their own and finally wiped the ice with the Sharks. It turned out to be a very good game. Two more on the road before the break--if they can continue playing the way they did last night, it should be a successful trip.

**********

K has been working overtime again. Thursday will be his first day off for a couple of weeks, so we will take advantage and do a road trip. The overtime schedule is such that he will work most of the month, so when he actually has a day or two off we will have to get any traveling done that is needed. This will continue through the month of May it looks like. But then again, things can change, so I make NO plans.

**********

Just got off of the phone with C and both she and the baby are doing fine. She just got the baby sling that I ordered for her and is so pleased with it--the baby loves it and C is delighted that she can actually hold the baby close AND have her hands free to do what is needed. A good purchase all around. I got her the New Native sling:




(This is NOT a picture of C or the baby. :)) C said the thing is great, but there is NO reason I couldn't make them myself. I will look to see if I can find a pattern and make her another--one to wear and one to wash, I figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...