Thursday, January 31, 2008

In The News

Two stories that caught my eye:

--California is now going to have vending machines dispense medical marijuana. Excuse me? Just WHO decided this was a good idea? Can't wait for the first time some pot heads decide to steal one of these machines--and you KNOW it will happen. Read the story here.

--Highway workers in Pennsylvania have found six bags containing body parts on Interstate 380 in the Poconos. They found a severed head, but many parts of the victim were not found. In December a fisherman found bags containing body parts along a Florida beach. If we were all completely honest, there probably has been at least one moment in our lives when we could POSSIBLY understand how a person could murder another. (Think of someone doing something horrible to your child, or another loved one. Then imagine what you might want to do to that person.) But, what kind of demented individual cuts up a body and puts it in plastic bags and tosses them? You can read the story here.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:11 PM

    "--California is now going to have vending machines dispense medical marijuana"

    Im packing my bags and MOVING there right now...

    Oh wait...Im not 15 and I dont smoke pot...

    Let me know when they dispense VODKA like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Weed machines? Leave it to the folks in California..

    I can't imagine dismembering another human.. I get grossed out pulling legs of insects on accident when I'm actually trying to squish them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day my MD and I were discussing a ban on an over-the-counter product which I had been using, and he mentioned--in not a nice way--how it was California's fault that the ban existed. (He didn't agree with it.) Anyway, he described California this way: "You know how every family has that ridiculous, strange cousin that everyone rolls their eyes at? Well, California is America's strange cousin." I found that an hysterically funny, accurate description of California. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:10 PM

    I suspect the body bag stuff may be mob related.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I get one of those machines?
    As far as the cut up bodies go, I wonder if the people who killed those poor sould will EVER be caught--this side of heaven that is--cuz there's always someone watching...

    ReplyDelete
  6. leazwell: Didn't even think of that. Interesting.

    kristi: I want one of those machines ONLY if someone would keep it filled for free! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, there's the sticker, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...