Thursday, January 17, 2008

Good Day

My day just got better: the Wings broke their winless streak and beat the Canucks 3-2. Granted, it would have been nice if they had won in regulation--I HATE shoot-outs, as I have said numerous times--and it REALLY would have been great if they wouldn't have given up a two goal lead, but...THEY WON!

My Baby Boy got an assist tonight and this gives him 25 points on the year so far. He is doing very well--could do better, but he's doing well. While I don't really think this is his breakout year--I could be wrong, there still is a lot of season left--he IS beginning to get noticed by the rest of the league. His goal against the Wild was number one on last week's best goals video! The boy has got some pretty moves, for sure.

The Wings will play three games out on the west coast and then have the All-Star break. The games will be difficult, but, hopefully, with the dads along for the trip, they will be able to pull off some good wins. (The annual dads/mentors trip is coinciding with this west coast road trip. The players always like to make their dads proud.)



--Brian Rafalski #28 of the Detroit Red Wings heads up ice with Henrik Sedin #33 in tow in a game on January 17, 2008 at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. (Photo by Claus Andersen/Getty Images)--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...