Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ottawa 3, Detroit 2

Watching last night's game, I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. After seeing that game, Detroit has to get it together or they WON'T win the Cup this year. I'm afraid we got to see a preview of the Cup finals and it wasn't a pretty sight. Despite the end score, the game was not a close match--the Wings played very poorly the first two periods. Hell, they were down 2-0 going into the third and THEN scored their two goals. It could have gone into a shoot-out--which I despise, but still...--but they allowed ANOTHER power play goal right at the end. Oh, well.

That first power play goal that Ottawa got in the first few minutes of the game REALLY seemed to disorient the Wings. They let the Sens dictate the play and play DETROIT'S game, for crying out loud! It just was quite disappointing. They better put on their big boy panties and get it together for the next game--maybe they are in for one long winning streak. I can only hope. Two games at home and then a three-game road trip before the All-Star game--a good win streak if they can pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...