Sunday, January 13, 2008

Book Game--Again

Almost one year to the day, I posted the rules for the Book Game. It went over quite well, so I thought I would revive it again. A very fun and easy meme, I hope everyone gets into this. If you decide to play, let me know in the comments.

Here are the rules to the Book Game:

1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest!

If you decide to play, copy and paste the rules into your blog. Then, follow the rules and put your book passage following. Easy and fun!

--This selection is from Grave Peril, Book Three of The Dresden Files

--"I have your permission to come out?"

"Yep," I said, "for the purposes of this mission only. And don't waste time prowling around in women's locker rooms again."--

(Full disclosure: The nearest book I had was Hockey For Dummies--I thought that was a little TOO much, so I moved a foot over and came up with Grave Peril, instead. I just didn't think I could get away with ANOTHER hockey reference. :))

1 comment:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...