Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Short Post

All went well with K's colonoscopy today. I really am surprised that I had to make the suggestion for this to happen--unless K never mentioned to the doctor that his mother had polyps. Well, now he has had it done and the doctor will put him on the rotation.

The wind outside is gusting to 46 mph--it is a bit on the chilly side. :) Right now the wind chill is -15 and it is supposed to just get colder tomorrow. While it snowed very heavily for a bit today, it has slowed down considerably. However, it doesn't matter how much snow is coming down if we get wind gusts of 50 mph--it will drift and cause near zero visibility! I'm sure a lot of schools will be canceled for the day.

Thank you to all who commented on my 'dilemma' about the first responder. I am weighing my options and considering what I will do. While I understand what Janet had to say, I must make it clear that the responder HAS talked some details that were very confidential. Also, while everyone will find out most things because it is a small area, I guess I feel as if the details should never come from a professional--whether he/she is a volunteer or not. One other thing that bothers me about these particular people: it seems as if the main reason they are first responders is so they can be privy to the gossip and not have to hear it second hand. THEY like to be able to TELL the stories and not have to be the ones to HEAR them. This is so wrong on so many levels! People who have big mouths should never be in situations where confidentiality is a necessity.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:48 AM

    Glad K's colonoscopy is over with. Now he can eat!

    Yeah, I figure that some people like to be the ones who have the lowdown on stuff. That's immature. Would they like it if something happened to them and someone else blabbed about it? I don't think so. It's human nature, but I agree-people shouldn't have professions that require confidentiality if they can't keep their mouths shut. I don't know what I'd do about it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:53 PM

    The WIND is NUTS.

    Glad to hear K is doing alright! Those are the WORST.


    (I should know after 3 in one year....)


    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. janet: Immature is a good way to describe these two. If I actually decide to do anything about this, I will have to do it anonymously--I know these two VERY well and know what their reactions would be if they knew I reported them. {{SHUDDER}} NOT something I would look forward to!

    meleah: The weather basically closed down the UP this morning. I told K it would have been much easier for the local TV station to announce what WOULD be open rather than the long list of everything that was closed! I don't believe there was a school from pre-school through university level that opened its doors this morning. It was crazy.

    I didn't think the colonoscopy I had was bad--it was the PREP that sucked! However, mine was just a baseline and NOT for diagnosing a problem such as yours. THAT I would imagine was not fun. And I WOULD NOT want three in one year, despite the good drugs they give. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...