Sunday, January 06, 2008

This and That...Again

I have mentioned how I am really enjoying the music channels I am able to listen to on the new computer room TV. Well, I have come to one conclusion after listening for a while: The 70s had some VERY BAD music! And I'm not just talking about disco. {shudder} A very bad decade for music, indeed.

**********

I haven't talked to C since Thursday evening. Does this make me a bad mother/grandmother? To defend myself, I feel as if she can use every moment possible to rest before she has to go home and take care of her household, so I will leave her alone for now. We really don't feel the need to run there immediately to see the new baby--again, they need their rest. Also, we'll see the baby soon enough, either in pictures or in person. I know what it is like there when a person is in the hospital and I don't want to be part of it. The last time The Mother was in the hospital, we were still speaking and I went up there to take care of The Father and her when she came home. She almost died because of a superbug--my internist said she was VERY lucky to be alive--and her hospital room was packed with visitors constantly! The Brother and his family wouldn't leave her alone for one minute--just what a very sick person needs while fighting for their life in the hospital! I just couldn't take being around that, so we will wait for a while to go there.

**********

Of course, there is another reason why we haven't made the trip: K is working overtime. He is supposed to be on his week off, but is working instead. He worked 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Saturday and went in at 3:00 AM Sunday and will be home around 4:00 PM. I'll be lucky if he manages to eat dinner without falling asleep in his food! He will be off on Monday--doctor appointment--and will work on Tuesday and Wednesday and get back to his normal work schedule on Thursday. Whatever works for him, I guess.

**********

I saw my GYN on Wednesday and all is well. Everything is staying the same, which means I will continue the HRT. He said the last study he read shows that women in my situation are REALLY benefiting from the hormones, so I will continue taking them. Women who have had hysterectomies at an early age AND started on estrogens immediately are living an average of 2-3 years longer, so that is a good thing. Also, the estrogens seem to be helping the arteries stay 'clean'--another good thing in my case.

**********

So, we are halfway through the hockey season and the Wings have their best record in franchise history! Of the first 41 games, they won 30--and they added another win today. They continue to be way ahead of any other team in the league and there are a lot of people--even some who NEVER give the Wings any love--who are saying they will probably win the Cup this year. We will just have to wait and see.

Z is still putting up points in every game--it is almost as if he wasn't off. Datsyuk still makes it look easy to do what he does and Baby Boy is still getting HIS points every game, so things are really good. Homer and Maltby will be back on Tuesday, so all is coming together. If they can beat Chicago on Sunday, then we will KNOW that all is right with the world.

**********

By now, most everyone knows that Britney had a breakdown and was taken to the hospital. What you may NOT know is that Dr. Phil--that idiot--went to the hospital to talk to her. And she DIDN'T ask him to be there! The stories are a bit conflicted, but it certainly seems as if he did this just for the publicity for himself. It would have been one thing if he went in and out without trying to attract any attention, but he made a statement to the press! This is what he said:

"My meeting with Britney and some of her family members this morning in her room at Cedars leaves me convinced more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention. I am very concerned for her," McGraw said in a statement to "Entertainment Tonight."

Now, am I wrong in thinking that he violated her privacy? I certainly know I would be pissed if someone went public with a statement like that about ME! The New York Daily News story is here and the TMZ story is here. That is, if you feel the need...

**********

I am starting to expand my musical tastes just a little bit here with the digital music channels I have. One evening I was listening to the channel called 'Adult Alternative' and heard a song that wasn't bad. This, of course caused me to track down info on the singer and what CDs are available, etc. His name is Paolo Nutini--he is a Scottish singer, 19, and he absolutely blows me away! I can't WAIT to get the CD. And it really doesn't hurt that he is so absolutely BEAUTIFUL! (I know, I'm going straight to hell! :)) See if you don't agree.





My stars, a LOT of girls--women, too, probably--will be having VERY inappropriate dreams starring him!

7 comments:

  1. oh. my. I think I might be in love with that little handsome man at the bottom of this post. He's beautiful!!....To bad I could almost be his mother. *sigh* OH and that Dr. Phil/Britney thing? I am just disgusted. Truthfully, that dude is on my late nerve. He'll do pretty much anything for ratings. I haven't truly enjoyed his show since his first season. ug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as I said, there is a special place in hell for women who have the kinds of thoughts I had when I looked at his picture! (And I have you beat--I'm well on the way to being old enough to be his GRANDMOTHER!!!! Not quite, but not far off. :D)

    I always thought Dr Phil was an asshat, but this just kind of proved it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love the Scottish..

    Dr. Phil is such an idiot.. I couldn't see Brit on his show anyway.. Springer maybe..

    I'm behind a couple days, so congrats Grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, burg!

    'The Boy' is gorgeous!

    ASSHAT is probably the very best word I can use to describe Dr Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Yeah...I think you should let C rest...and That DOCTOR Phil is OUT OF HIS MIND for walking into Britney's hospital room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...he is smokin' hot!
    Ooops...did I just say that? I will have to look up his music. I love to find new music.

    I have never liked Dr. Phil. My Mom thinks he is wonderful. I will have to ask her what she thinks about this latest Phil fiasco.

    He just annoys the hell out of me.
    Yeah, I have watched his show more times than I care to admit though. Why is that? I also want to puke when the show ends and he and his bouncy walking wifey walk to the exit. I'm terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cindi: Snarky comments about Dr Phil! You are my new best friend!!!!!! I LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...