Tuesday, March 06, 2007

...and then they WON!

Considering both Nashville and Detroit were playing without key players, the game was quite good. But, then, any game that they can win is good in my book. I just wish they would have won during regulation--or at the least, overtime--but it went to a shootout. They definitely haven't been very impressive during shootouts, so tonight was nice. The final score was 4-3. I am impressed with the play of the 'Grand Rapids' guys and Kyle Calder certainly is doing VERY well for the Wings--he got another assist tonight, so he has at least one point in every game since coming to Detroit.

Tonight's game brought a couple of milestones. Mike Babcock won his 100th game with a team--the second fastest to reach that point. Mathieu Schneider joined the '200 club'--he got the 200th goal of his career.

So, they play Los Angeles on Friday, Boston on Sunday (the NBC game of the week), and then they play back-to-back games against Nashville next week. It definitely is nerve-racking! We're coming into the home stretch now and EVERY point counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...