Friday, March 16, 2007

Saint Urho

Today, March 16, is the day we celebrate the patron saint of Finland, Saint Urho. The legend says he chased the grasshoppers out of Finland and this saved the grape crop and the jobs of the vineyard workers. He did this by saying--in Finnish--(a loose translation) "Grasshopper, grasshopper, go to Hell!" We honor Saint Urho on this day by wearing the colors green and purple.

Of course, Saint Urho is just a myth--the day is all in fun. You can go here and read more about the legend and how it came to be.

HAPPY
SAINT
URHO'S
DAY!


Party 3

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Another occasion to drink, I presume? :)
    And I thank you for your prayers. They're much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if the sun comes up in the morning isn't THAT reason enough to drink? ;)

    (You're welcome--any time.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if that would work on illegals..

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...