Saturday, March 31, 2007

Layla

I did the My Seven (Plus One) post several days ago and realized how very eclectic my taste in music is--and obscure. So, I decided to try and find as many of the songs as I can and post them so that others can hear what I hear. The first one I have is 'Layla' by Eric Clapton. This particular video is from The Prince's Trust Concert from a few years back. While the song isn't played exactly like the original--I REALLY miss the sound of the slide guitar 'floating' above the rest of the instruments--it DEFINITELY shows what Clapton can do. If you watch the video closely, you can see Elton John playing piano and Mark Knopfler playing onstage next to Clapton. Enjoy.

Adblock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...