Thursday, March 15, 2007

They Took The Second

The Red Wings looked good tonight--not great, but damn good! They won over Nashville 4-2 and showed a glimpse of what they could do during a playoff game. I was so pleased to see more of the Wings getting physical--hell, even Datsyuk got in a couple of heavy checks! Their physical play from last night seemed to help tonight--that little pissant Tootoo wasn't NEARLY as much of a problem tonight. This is exactly what Detroit has needed to do: show the other teams that they can't push them around. It will be interesting to see if they can continue with this style of play--they really need to if they are to get the Cup.

With this win, Detroit is now at the top of the standings--by only one point, but still. I am not as concerned about the standings as I am about them beating Nashville--it is just a good feeling when that happens.

Hudler played another amazing game. He is another one that can go far in the NHL. Filppula got hit in the foot with a puck and didn't play the third period. They SAY it isn't anything serious, but another player had a similar thing happen earlier this year and his foot was broken--he JUST came back to the team after being out for more than a month. Hope they are right that it isn't bad.

1 comment:

  1. Real Nice Blog you have there ! I have appreciation for you, you did a really good job, I will link your blog. You can do the same with my blog if you want. Bye bye xxx

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...