Friday, March 02, 2007

Time Flies

Being a stay-at-home, it always amazes me that time moves just as quickly for me as it does for those out in the 'real world.' Once again, I am faced with the 'where has the time gone' dilemma! I noticed that the last time I posted was on Monday--I couldn't believe it! Anyway, here is what has been happening:

--I did make it to my doctor appointment on Tuesday. As it was just a quick check-up, I didn't expect any problems--which there weren't. My blood work came back fine--the anemia is gone, my thyroid is fine, etc. He also is very happy with my blood-pressure numbers. Hoo-ray! I don't have to see him again until October--I just have to stop in for a blood-pressure check in June. I can handle that.

--The 3-year-old granddaughter had her hernia surgery on Thursday. Everything went well until she woke up and then she absolutely freaked because of the IV. I guess the more they tried to calm her down, the more freaked she became! When the IV was finally removed, she was fine. Almost immediately she asked for something to eat, so she was happily scarfing down popsicles and juice and other various fun-type foods, and then she vomited. Nothing unusual after surgery, but it DID keep her in the hospital for an hour or so longer. They finally let her go home and she has been doing well since.

--I talked to C tonight--to continue on with the 3-year-old's recovery--and she said the girl was kicking the sh*t out of her little brother. Now, before anyone gets upset, the younger brother is only 10 months younger and he is many pounds and a few inches bigger than the girl, so she can't really do much damage. With five kids, C lets them fight their own battles as long as there is no bloodshed. Obviously, the surgery didn't knock the wind out of her for very long--if at all.

--K is on his long weekend--and he's working every day. I was hoping for a road trip, but that is not to be--this month anyway. He thinks he is going to NOT work as much after this stretch of days--we'll see about that. It keeps him busy, at least. :)

--It probably was a very good thing that we didn't plan a trip for this weekend: we are getting DUMPED on with snow right now. Since 6:00pm or so, we have gotten around 12 inches of snow--and that is on top of freezing rain. K said he will have to take the Jimmy to work, as his truck doesn't have four wheel drive. No problem on my part--I'M not going anywhere in this weather! I took pictures of our backyard before the snow started and will take pictures tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I will post them later.

--Talked with the youngest daughter and THEY are getting dumped on, big time, in St Paul. She didn't have to go to work this afternoon, and with all the cancellations she was hearing, the chances that she will have to go to work at all tomorrow are slim and none. For all intents and purposes, the Twin Cities and surrounding areas are closed till further notice! I think the UP of Michigan will be closed, too.

--I was born and raised here in the UP of Michigan. Other than extremely brief periods of time, I have lived here all of my life. I KNOW what snow is all about and don't really mind it. HOWEVER. I like the snow to start when it should--sometime around October or November--and continue falling in a nice, normal pattern until spring--sometime around April or May. This is the way it should be, this is the way I am used to it happening, this is the way I like it. We will get various blizzards and storms throughout the winter--this I can handle, and even welcome during the winter. I don't like the kind of winter we have had so far. Sure, it was nice and wonderful having almost no snow for the beginning of winter--till sometime in January, actually. We really didn't have any big-time snowstorms until last weekend. And now we are getting another one in less than a week--albeit, this one is MUCH more severe! It is hard to accept so much snow this late in the season--and we STILL have another couple of months where we can get more storms! Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...