Tuesday, March 27, 2007

NON-Hockey Post

I realize I have been hockey-obsessed recently. And I realize not everyone cares one bit ABOUT hockey. And I realize I DO have some people making a point of checking in here daily, so it is time for me to do a non-hockey post. (You have to take what I can offer--I DO lead a boring life! :)) Here goes:

I just read one of the best quotes I have seen in a long time. While describing someone who whines and 'martyrs' him/herself, someone said, 'Get down off the cross, someone needs the wood!' I know way too many people I could say that to!

**********

There is a new alarm clock in town. It is called 'Clocky.' It looks like this:
'Clocky' will ring and if you press snooze after the first time it goes off, and you DON'T get up, it will 'jump' down to the floor and find a place to hide. It will ring again and you have to find it in order to turn it off. You can read more about 'Clocky' here. This would have been the perfect thing for my youngest to have while she was in school--NOTHING would get her out of bed! But then, nothing was as annoying as THIS would be.

**********

While Angelina Jolie has been in the news--again--for adopting--again--another foreign child, her brother gave an interview to a newspaper. Among the brilliantly wonderful things he had to say was this:

"One of the saddest things in my life happened when I was 16, which is when you can get your permit to drive in LA. I did not have a car in High School and neither did Angelina.

Try to imagine. You go to Beverly Hills High, one of the wealthiest High Schools in the nation. Even the cheapest car that anyone has is brand new. All my friends are well off. I have a movie-star father and no car.

It was debilitating. I did not to go to the prom [the social highlight of an American high school career] because I felt uncomfortable that Dad would have to drive me. It's an embarrassing thing."

Do we all want to get together and cry over his abusive upbringing? Poor baby! I guess this shows that SHE isn't the only one in the family that isn't all there. If you want, here is the link for the entire article. It just is very weird.

**********

When I was about three-years-old, I walked into the kitchen where my mother was. I stood in front of her, crying, with a mouthful of hair/fur. When she asked me what I was crying about, I said, "The dog bit me, so I bit him back!" (True story.)

Crying 3

2 comments:

  1. While I grew up on the poor side of the middle class,I never realized the things I didn't have until I was older. If turning out the way Angelina's brother did is the price paid for growing up privileged, I'm glad I have always been 'without.'

    Yeah, I don't think that dog ever messed with ME again!

    And, finally: :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clocky can run but not hide from my hammer!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...