Sunday, March 04, 2007

Colorado 4, Detroit 3 (OT)

I am disappointed that the Wings lost today--and to top it all off, it was COLORADO they lost to! DAMN! As bad as they played the first two periods, they tried to redeem themselves in the third. They actually did very well in the third, but, once again, they can't expect to win the Cup if they only play 20 minutes of hockey per game!

I am happy to see the young guys getting more ice time--the reason for this is the injuries, but still... Hudler is showing just exactly what he has--I can see him being a star some day. And what can I say about 'my boy?' He got another goal today--it just goes to show how being on a line with Datsyuk and Holmstrom can bring your game to a whole different level!

Calder is still impressing me--I think they got a good player in him. Again, his dismal record in Philly had more to do with the team than with his abilities, IMHO, and being a Wing will let him play up to his abilities.

Chris Chelios became the third oldest player to play in the NHL at 45 years, 38 days. If he plays again next year--which is probable--he will move into second place. As Gordie Howe was the OLDEST ever to play--at age 52--I don't really think it is likely that he will become number one!



--Detroit Red Wings' Nicklas Lidstrom, left, of Sweden, and teammate Pavel Datsyuk (13) of Russia, congratulate teammate Valtteri Filppula, of Finland, on his goal against the Colorado Avalanche during the second period of their NHL hockey game on Sunday, March, 4, 2007, in Detroit. (AP Photo/Jerry S. Mendoza)--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...