Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Busy Day...

...for the NHL, that is! Today is free agency day and after all the movement of players already, it is going to be VERY difficult to know who is playing where! A lot of activity and the day isn't even close to being over.

The Wings did sign Stuart to a new deal. He will continue to wear the winged wheel for another four years. I was VERY surprised that he actually signed--I was SURE his wife was going to nix the idea of moving to Detroit. (She is a California girl and has been instrumental in the past to where he played.) They also re-signed Lilya--fine. Ty Conklin--from Pittsburgh--has been signed for a year. Hmmm, I was a BIT surprised, but I guess they thought Howard isn't QUITE ready to backup Ozzy just yet. From the rumors, it almost sounds like Miller might be re-signing early with Buffalo--at least that is what BUFFALO wants--so the Wings won't have a chance to get him next year like it is reported they were hoping.

No word yet on what is going on with my Baby Boy--he is a restricted free agent. There hasn't been anything said about another team doing an offer, so the Wings should be able to pay whatever they weant for him. I would assume he WILL be getting a raise, however. Several other free or restricted free agents are still being considered, so Holland has more work to do.

The Wings are still interested in Sundin and Bertuzzi. Rumor has it that Sundin has been offered $20 million for two years--NOT something the Wings will give. I really don't think he will go to Detroit. Bertuzzi, on the other hand, just might be back. Not a move I will be happy with, but, oh well. I still think Holland knows what he is doing 99.9% of the time.

The nephew-in-law of my relative has been signed by Toronto for $14 million for four years. HOLY WAH!!! I would imagine there will be some celebrating done up north tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    "The nephew-in-law of my relative has been signed by Toronto for $14 million for four years. HOLY WAH!!! I would imagine there will be some celebrating done up north tonight!"

    DAMN! That is AWESOME!!!

    May I toast to YOU tonight!!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That managed to be the lead story on our local sports last night--it sure IS awesome. And that is being said even though I don't care for the player. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...