Saturday, July 12, 2008

Links

You can tell it is a Saturday and I have nothing to do--read that as 'I don't want to do anything--because I have been surfing the interweb and have found some neat sites. Here are some links that are interesting and fun.

--Instructables
This site has instructions for just about everything. You can learn how to make sweet tea or how to make a 1000 watt wind turbine--and everything in between. This is a site where you can waste lots of time, but not feel guilty afterwards. Hey, you're learning something while 'wasting' time--gotta love it!

--Fakebuddy
Are you lonely and wish SOMEONE would email you? Then you need to get yourself a fake buddy! You read that right: when you sign up at this site, you will be assigned a fake buddy to send you emails throughout the week. This way, when you say you have to check if your friend emailed, you won't be lying! (If you upgrade your subscription for a fee, the emails will be more personalized.)

--Deep-Fried Twinkies
So this is JUST a recipe, but I needed to add it. I have NEVER eaten a deep-fried Twinkie, but as soon as I see one, I WILL have it. I KNOW it will be a very disappointing experience, but one I must have. Doesn't it sound like it would be the ultimate eating experience? I don't plan on making my own, but if I have to wait too long to find one, I may have to.

--The Something Store
Do you like surprises? Do you like gifts? This is the site for you. The idea is, you send them $10 and they send you a gift. You just don't know what you are buying. Period. However, they DO show a list of some of the things that were sent out over the past 25 shipping days and most are VERY impressive. I just may have to try this one.

7 comments:

  1. They serve deep friend Twinkies at our state fair. Of course, this is Oklahoma, where pretty much everything is deep fried. They even have deep fried Coke. Don't ask me how that works..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of deep-fried Coke--and I don't know how they do it, either. They will deep-fry anything, won't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested in the Somethings--that sounds like fun. Let me know if you go for it and we'll be something buddies and compare notes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:27 AM

    Deep Fried Twinkies? Wow. I gotta know how that tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw a food channel special on deep fried bacon. ??? Hubby got very very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:06 PM

    Deep Fried Bacon? Shut Up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The deep-fried bacon sure got MY attention! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...