Saturday, July 26, 2008

Links

It is Saturday, K is at work, I have nothing much to do, so here I am surfing the web. And, that means I have more links!

--How To Fold A Shirt
Okay, this is a very short, very fast video--AND it is in Japanese (?). I watched it over and over again until I was able to get the 'fold a shirt' thing to work, but work it does! AMAZING! Shirts actually come out looking good with this method.

--Cake Wrecks
This site hasn't been up too long--thank goodness! This makes it very easy to read ALL of the posts--and read them all you must. This blogger posts pictures of decorated cakes that people actually paid for--and there are some very bad cakes here. I had to keep myself from peeing my pants several times--very funny stuff.

--Bomomo
There is a better than even chance that you will only visit this site once, but it is fun the one time. You start with a blank canvas and by using your mouse and the buttons on the bottom of the screen, you can paint your own one-of-a-kind picture. Quite neat.

--The Credit Card Prank
Have you ever used your credit card/debit card and had to sign your name on the slip? Does your signature in any way resemble your normal one OR the one that is on the back of your card? Well, one guy decided to see just how badly he could sign and get away with it. Here is the story of his credit card prank--a bit long, but definitely worth reading. Make sure you read all the way through Part II--he meets the electronic credit card machines and CONTINUES to get away with his experiment.

--The Internet? Bah!
Way back in 1995, Newsweek ran this article by Clifford Stoll. It is so much fun to look back on people's 'predictions' about how computers and the internet are going to impact our lives in the future. This is just one person who was SO wrong!

--Fundrace 2008
So, just how nosy are you? Do you really dislike your neighbors--and would you like another reason to dislike them? This site will tell you who gave what amount of money to which candidate in this year's presidential race. OR you can find out if your favorite celebrity contributes. Either way, this is one fascinating site.

5 comments:

  1. Those cakes are HYSTERICAL!! I love the cake wreck one. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake wreck one is pretty cool--although I would HATE to be asked to pay for the rest of them! :) I never decorated as a job--only a hobby--but I did WAY better cakes than most of these disasters! Oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:39 PM

    Cake Wrecks? Oh that sounds hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Thanks for the Cake Wrecks link, it's great!!

    you might be interested in:
    http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/ I've loved that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I now have the cake wrecks in my 'must read every day' folder! Quite amusing.

    Now, the 'you knit what?' site is just scary--I think I will have nightmares tonight! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...