Friday, July 11, 2008

Hearing Set and 'I Told You So!'

The arbitration hearing has been set for Baby Boy on 1 August. Holland is still confident that a deal will be made before they actually get to it. He said they are offering either a long-term or short-term deal for VF to decide on. While several Wings have filed for arbitration over the years, only one has made it through to the actual hearing--which the Wings won. He was traded away shortly after.

**********

In the 'I told you so' category: Brett Favre wants to come back. He has asked the Packers to release him so he can go to another team. I laughed so hard when I heard this. I told K when his retirement was announced that it wouldn't stick--again. Why am I even mentioning this? We get so many of our TV stations from Wisconsin and this is HUGE news there. It will almost be interesting to see how this is played out. Almost.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:39 AM

    I said to my husband, "He retired. Do you think Favre planned this all along?"

    "No, he just changed his mind."

    I looked at him and said, "Pish posh."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:16 AM

    We're hearing a lot about Favre here too. I think he changed his mind, which isn't surprising-if you're really good at something and like it, you'll miss everything that goes with it. However, he ought to quit while he's ahead, I'd hate for his swan song to be a bust if he can't live up to expectations. I mean, he's 38, that's ancient by NFL standards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think his ego got the better of him--he did have a good year last season, so... He should get out while at a high point in his career--the same thing I felt about Hasek this past season. And Hasek blew it during the Cup playoffs when he could have gotten out a big winner last year. Yep, it all is an ego thing.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...