Monday, July 14, 2008

Two Things That Don't Go Together

C called yesterday to tell me about the almost three-year-old and almost five-year-old. They decided to play 'beauty salon.' And they had scissors. Yeah--scissors and pre-schoolers: don't belong together. The four-year-old will be able to have her hair cut enough to disguise/fix the haircut her sister gave her--the two-year-old isn't very good with scissors. However, the two-year-old will just have to wait a while for her hair to come back--like three years or so. The two-year-old has the fine-Finnish-fairy-fur mullet that most kids outgrow by the time they are one--except for Finnish kids, that is--and half of the back part of the mullet is missing. Pretty much all the way down to the scalp. You have to admire the four-year-old's scissor skills--she managed to give the haircut without harming her sister at all. I haven't seen pictures yet, but I'm sure they will bring back memories--after all, don't ALL kids cut hair at one point or another?

2 comments:

  1. oh lordy yes. My mother used to hide the scissors from me b/c I'd cut my hair, my dolls hair, my brothers hair, the neighbors hair....it wasn't pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:05 PM

    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

    Now that is funny. Little kids with any sharp objects are never a good idea.

    I once cut my own bangs when I was about 3 or 4. My mother practically died.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...