Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Didn't See This One Coming

HOLY SHIT!!! Fresh off of re-signing Stuart, the Wings signed Marian Hossa to a one year, $7.4 million dollar deal. On every list, Hossa was either the number one or number two pick of the free agency period and NO ONE ever thought that Detroit had a chance to get him--but he is in Hockeytown! This is the second player Detroit stole from the Penguins. With Pittsburgh hemmoraging players like they are, it will be interesting to see if they even make the playoffs next year. Hmmmm. Already Wing fans are screaming "REPEAT!!" While I am thrilled with the looks of the team for the upcoming season, I hesitate to count my chickens. But, things are looking good.

During Holland's press conference about the Hossa signing, he mentioned they are still in talks with Baby Boy--as well as other players--and should have a deal worked out soon. Damn, but I wish they would do it already. I'm planning on going to the Joe this next season and Baby Boy HAS to be playing!


--Marian Hossa had reason to celebrate after he signed a one-year free agency contract Wednesday with the Stanley Cup champion Red Wings.--

2 comments:

  1. "Maaaaaammmmm, Kate said the shitword!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, this news NEEDED the word! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...