Saturday, July 05, 2008

Sigh Of Relief

The reports of an offer sheet were premature--looks like it was just suggested that Vancouver tender one. Whew! Today it was reported that VF filed for arbitration, meaning that no other team can go after him until AFTER the hearing is over. IF the Wings have offered him a contract already, it probably was smaller than what he wanted--just because they are so close to the cap with the Hossa signing. Arbitration would award him more money, but it still will probably be within the cap limits--and within what they can pay while signing everyone else they need--so he could still be signed. A lot of 'ifs' going on, but the chances of my Baby Boy going somewhere else are MUCH smaller now than what I thought. AND, all of this could be a moot point, as he could sign before the hearing--this just gives him and the team the time needed to hammer out a deal. Please, one more year--at least--and I can see him play in person! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...