Monday, July 14, 2008

The Wings Old?

We are still getting all of the Stanley Cup stuff a fan needs in order to remember the winning season--as if I COULD forget! Last week I got a commemorative magazine and while reading it, I was amazed at all of the horrid typos. Obviously, it was put out JUST to get on the bandwagon of the Wings' win, so I understood--kind of. I STILL can't understand how they were able to publish a mag that had Henrik Zetterberg's name listed as 'Richard,' though--I mean, he is one of the best (if not THE best) player in the league right now. Despite what the Canadian media has to say.

Anyway, I ordered the book the Red Wing organization put out saluting the win/team last week. Today we got it. K sat down and was leafing through it when he started to laugh hysterically. "I KNOW Dallas Drake has been playing hockey for a long time, but I didn't know it has been THIS long," he said. The book said the Wings drafted him in 1898! I guess I HAVE to admit that the Wings are old if this is the case. ;)

OMG 3

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Who the hell wrote that article?

    and...

    Who the hell was the editor that released the magazine with that kind of typo?

    Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what's even worse, it came out of the Red Wing organization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:16 PM

    Shut Up!

    OMFG.

    So much for Proof-Reading. I think I edit my BLOG better than that magazine. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...