Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!


My dear, sweet, wonderful, online daughter, burg, has presented me with a new award--and I am THRILLED! She so very nicely says: "I enjoy everything she writes, I truly do.. I'm even learning a little more about hockey too.. ;)" How sweet. (By the way, burg, if you keep it up you WILL be discussing the necessity of subscribing to the NHL Center Ice package with your hubby--just so you can REALLY understand what I'm talking about! :))

While I cannot give this award back to burg, I do have five people I want to pass this along to. Here are the rules:


1. Pick five blogs you consider deserving of this award, whether for creativity, design, interesting material, or contributions to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Name each nominee and link to his/her blog.

3. Show the award and include the name (and link to his/her blog) of whoever presented you with this award.

4. Link to the Arte y Pico blog so everyone knows the origin of this award.

5. Post these rules.



And now my five picks:

1. First, as always, is meleah. Not only does she have a very fascinating life story, she is one gifted writer. From laughing out loud to crying real tears, I run the gamut of emotions with her posts. She is a good friend.

2. I have to give this award to janet. I'm sure she doesn't feel as if her deafness defines her--and I hope she doesn't mind that I bring it up--but every time I remember that she is, I am amazed by her all over again. Anyone living well with a 'condition' or 'disability' that would cause the rest of us to curl up in a fetal position and hide in the corner, are my heroes. And, besides, she is a mid-westerner, so she qualifies as 'family.' :)

3. I must, must, must give this award to Olga, the traveling bra. Olga travels the world and blogs about it--as simple as that. It is always a 'trip' to read about her adventures.

4. Kristi is being given this award because she makes some beautiful stained-glass creations. And if that wasn't enough, she, also, is a mid-westerner, so it goes without saying that she gets an award. :)

5. I'm sending this to Virgina Belle, also. She is a single, young female making her way in this world with a job, boyfriend, dog, and house--and she lets us into her life with her blog. As I never was any of these things--well, I WAS young once--I find myself living vicariously through her. Her blog is private, but if you ask her very politely, she just may let you read it, too.


Make sure and visit all of these blogs--they all are great places to visit.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you very much my wonderful blogfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Aw. My love. You are the bestest. Thank you so very much.

    xxoo xxoo xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! i am flattered, cmk! i'm glad you like it so much. you are such a loyal reader.

    and yes, that is true -- people who ask can read my blog. they get invites. it's only private because of my stupid ex-boyfriend, who randomly stalks me.

    hmmm. i have to think up some blogs to award...

    i need time to think about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops. my coworker didn't log out of her account. the last comment was from me, Virginia Belle.

    sorry for any confusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will visit those!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:05 PM

    awww, thanks! I'm glad you enjoy my blog! I enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! :) I have one of these already...but I just LOVE matching pairs....I shall go place it in my Trophy Room toot sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...