Friday, July 25, 2008

{sigh}

When we went up north for my family reunion, it was the first time I had been there since I had LASIK done. After sitting at The Mother's kitchen table for about a half hour, K came in and asked her, "Did you notice that C isn't wearing glasses?" She looked at me and asked, "Did you have THAT surgery?" "Yes, I did." Well, I'll tell you what I told your brother after he had his done: You look MUCH better WITH glasses than without."

There is a T-shirt I plan on getting. It says: "If you met my family, you'd understand."

Not Amused

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:55 PM

    Shut Up. That's so mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:10 PM

    well, I don't know your mother, but I do know that when I see my sister without her glasses, it's a shock. I guess we get used to seeing people with their glasses and have a tough time getting used to them without glasses. But that much bluntness was kinda mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. janet: I agree on the 'not being used to seeing people without their glasses,' but she hadn't even mentioned the fact I wasn't wearing any until K mentioned it. It was THEN that she had to stick the knife in a little. Oh, well, I am used to her ways and that is one of the reasons I stay away from her. :/

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...