Tuesday, July 29, 2008

OOOOOOO-EEEEEEEE-OOOOOOOOO!!

A couple of weeks before I had my LASIK done, we purchased a Tomtom GPS system. It was one of the best purchases we ever made. It got us to the clinic where I had the surgery done with NO trouble at all and has gotten us everywhere we wanted to go with only one exception. The Tomtom didn't have directions for us when we went to my family reunion, but that isn't a real surprise. It was held in an EXTREMELY rural area which recently had its roads re-named for fire safety purposes.

Today--for the second time since we got it--the Tomtom turned itself on and announced, "Turn left now!" (We don't keep it in the Jimmy for fear it will be stolen.) K was in the kitchen when it happened and really had a bit of a startled look on his face. The first time it happened, I was home alone and I don't think he completely believed me when I told him the story.

After a great deal of thought, I have come to one conclusion as to why it turns itself on like it does: Our house-ghost wants to cross over and doesn't know the directions--the Tomtom is just trying to help. :)

Ghost 2

7 comments:

  1. Then in that case, your ghost must be a woman.. If it were a man, it wouldn't bother with looking to the Tomtom for directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DO have a point there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:00 PM

    lol @ burgs comment. I need to get me one of those GPS systems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMS that is funny--I guess I just want to know if you turned left just because the tomtom said to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GPS systems are the GREATEST! But, I DO have the tendency to turn left when told to--even in the house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:48 AM

    That's creepy!! At least now he knows you weren't making it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes things actually work out like that--and it is ALWAYS good to be able to prove I'm not losing my mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...