Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Hockey

Today the worst kept secret in the NHL was finally made official: The Red Wings and Blackhawks will play the next Winter Classic on 1 January 2009 at Wrigley Field. The announcement was anti-climactic to say the least.

The 2008-09 hockey schedule was supposed to be released today, but it won't be out till tomorrow. What I DO know is that the home opener for the Wings will be on 9 October against Toronto. They will raise the Stanley Cup champs banner that night. I would assume they will sell out the Joe. :)

Still no contract signing by my Baby Boy. There really isn't any word as to what the sticking points are, but it seems likely to be the length of the contract. Holland says he has offered both a long-term and short-term deal. We'll see what happens. I figure a short-term deal will be made--that would be to VF's advantage. If he does very well during the years of his contract, he could negotiate for a much larger raise. Although, the security of a long-term deal is very nice, also. I just hope he has a good agent and not one that is looking out for himself more than for his client.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:58 PM

    you are too cute having the count down clock until the next game in your side bar.

    Do you ever get to go to the games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. K claims that we WILL go to a game this year. I told him it HAS to be soon or one of two things will happen: 1) My Baby Boy will move to another team before I get to see him play or 2) The jersey I have--with Baby Boy's name and number on it--will dry rot! I have vowed NOT to wear it till I get to see him play in person. Hopefully, this year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:51 PM

    I sincerely hope you get to go to a game this year! Tell K he wil have to deal with one angry reader if he does not take you to at least ONE game this year!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The BIGGEST problem, of course, is that we are at least 8 hours away from Detroit. I KNOW if we were closer we would go at least a couple of times a year. And to try and see a game in St Paul or Chicago isn't any better--they are both around 8 hours away AND they have their own fanbase, so tickets are hard to come by there as well. {sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:10 AM

    Well, that sucks. 8 hours away is quite the hike. But, I think you HAVE to go to at least ONE game. I mean really!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For sure!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...