Thursday, July 10, 2008

Decisions

In less than a month it will be 5 August--and the 9th anniversary of the day I quit smoking. This brings me to the decision I have to make: What am I going to get myself as an anniversary gift? Every year I reward myself for being smoke-free and it is getting harder and harder to decide what I want. Now, it isn't because I have everything in the world I could possibly want, it's just that there aren't that many reasonably priced things that I just don't get the minute I think about them. And I really want something WANTED rather than something that would just be nice to have.

In the past I have gotten myself a 35mm camera, a camcorder, the flat-screen TV for the kitchen, and my Red Wing jersey with Baby Boy's number on it. This year I am kind of at a loss as to what I want. I guess I could get another jersey--one of the new-style ones with the number 51 on it, but I still haven't worn the one I got LAST year, so that isn't going to work. I COULD use a newer camcorder, but I don't use the one I have now enough to justify THAT. My digital camera is quite new and I just got a new phone. Palm isn't making any new PDAs, so that isn't a possibility, either.

As I said, it isn't as if I own everything there is to own--just most of the things I could possibly afford. (That sounds awful, doesn't it?) I don't spend any more than around $300 for my anniversary gift and there just aren't that many things I want or need in that price range. (When you get to be this old, you have most of what you want or need.) While I could come up with MILLIONS of things I would like to have--new house, new vehicle, Finland vacation--none of these are things I can actually afford. So I still have to think. I may just fall back on the easy decision: a Wii Fit.

3 comments:

  1. Put you anniversary money in the bank for the next few years and THEN go to Finland! WHOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could buy a tank of gas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I probably should work towards a more expensive 'gift' and put the money away, but I like immediate satisfaction. :) Well, as immediate as it can be when you anticipate something for an entire year!

    Or, I COULD buy a tank of gas. :D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...