Thursday, February 21, 2008

Computer Update

After two days without my desktop, I finally called to see what is going on. I guess it STILL is going through scans--the tech called me back and said he is tracking down one last virus to kill. It seems as if the computer had MULTIPLE viruses and malware! When I asked what I should be doing to keep them away, the answer was pretty much, "Can't be done." He suggested Norton, but I refuse to buy another security suite--I've had problems in the past with BOTH Norton and McAfee. Besides, they are so damn bloated and they slow down my machine SOOOOOO much! I refuse to buy anti-virus or anti-spyware--and he agreed that Norton is only SLIGHTLY better than AVG! So, the best I can do is keep doing what I have till now--besides, I wasn't even aware there was anything more than the one bit of spyware on the machine! I guess what was there hasn't been ALL that bad--at least that's what I hope.

3 comments:

  1. All that junk killed my last computer.. I HATE that stuff!!

    My new blog is all done!!

    http://burgscrazyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Holy nightmare. I am so glad I have a MAC...I have not had one single issue since I bought this two years ago. Always lightening fast, always on...never spyware, malware or trojans.

    I hope that your computer gets fixed soon.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this is just getting ridiculous! I scanned the thing MANY times and only found the ONE backdoor Trojan, so I don't know WHAT this guy has found! I'm NOT a happy camper. Like I told K, I'm starting to get scared that it might have just been cheaper for us to get a new computer! All this just to get rid of a piece of annoyance--it's not like there was anything all that wrong with the machine. It only went in because I won't mess with the registry. Computers are fun. :|

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...