Sunday, February 10, 2008

Not Too Bad--Yet

We are under a whole lot of weather warnings here. High winds, wind chill advisories, coastal flooding, high waves off of the lake, etc, etc. It hasn't hit us yet. Right now the temp is -1 and the winds are gusting to 38mph--this gives us a wind chill of -24. Here in the city we haven't had a lot of snow come down, so the wind isn't causing a lot of visibility problems.

However, they are saying the worst is coming. We are looking at 60mph wind gusts causing 25 foot high waves along the shoreline--which means icing of the roadways. Winds are supposed to be sustained at 30-40mph with gusts of 60mph--this will cause blowing and drifting snow and visibilities of less than half a mile. Wind chills are supposed to go into the very dangerous area. Such fun.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:09 AM

    I'm cold just reading that, and I'm already cold! We're expecting a winter storm starting tonight, what fun. Not. I want spring to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:02 PM

    We had high winds yesterday resulting in power outages and fires. Calmer today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't QUITE get as bad as they predicted, though the wind was crazy out there. Thankfully, everything is much calmer today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...