Thursday, February 07, 2008

Illness

K had to call in to work tonight because he is sick. I don't know what it is about him being sick that really gets me. I suppose it is my old fashioned notion of the man being the strong one, the provider. What ever the reason, him being sick just messes up my entire day. I am so 'off' right now, it isn't even funny.

I don't think there is anything that seriously wrong--he has a stomach upset, low-grade fever, and chills. While it isn't influenza--something he has to get inoculated for because of his other health problems--it DOES sound like he has the stomach 'flu.' I figure he should be much better by tomorrow. Of course, I told him he SHOULD be seen BECAUSE of his kidney problems, but he has decided to wait. WHY do men have to be men when it comes to seeing doctors? On the other hand, they ARE the biggest babies when they are sick. I will never understand them.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 AM

    I bet that's why men get married-so they don't have to take care of themselves!

    Hope he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucks he's sick. :(

    But, wow are they ever annoying when they feel under the weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annoying isn't the WORD for the way they are! After doing NOTHING yesterday--not surprising as the bug really took the wind out of his sails--and not eating a whole lot, he insisted on going to work last night. I guess he completely melted around 3:00AM and barely made it till he came home at 6. He dragged himself to bed and has been out like a light since--and it is now 3:00PM! I TOLD him it was too soon to go back to work--they never listen. Don't know if he will make it in tonight or not--time will tell.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...