Thursday, February 28, 2008

Getting To Know Me--A Meme

Meleah tagged me for this--here goes.


1. What is your occupation?
Homemaker--and before that, homemaker and mommy. I have always been a stay-at-home.


2. What color are your socks right now?
I am not wearing socks--I rarely wear socks in the house. However, I don't walk through the house barefooted--I am terrified of stepping into a hacked-up hairball! I usually have a pair of Birkenstocks on my feet--I don't wear shoes in the house.


3. What are you listening to right now?
I have 'Law & Order' on the television.


4. What was the last thing that you ate?
A banana--I haven't figured out what I want for dinner yet.


5. Can you drive a stick shift?
I think my husband would say I'm lucky I actually can drive an automatic, so NO! I wish I could--then I would be able to FINALLY try and drive a real sportscar.


6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I suppose my favorite color, blue.


7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My oldest--and this time SHE called me! :)


8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Of course, she's a sweetie!


9. Favorite drink?
Probably Coke.


10. What is your favorite sport to watch?
I am NOT going to say it! (I promised Mel I wasn't going to use the 'h' word. :)) My second favorite sport to watch used to be boxing. I haven't followed it for some time as there aren't any fighters that excite me right now.


11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
I never dyed my hair till I was well in my 20s--and then it was only highlights. Once I started dying it regularly, I usually go and have it done every four weeks. (Right now I'm blond--just the way I was born.)


12. Pets?
We are owned by a 15 lb, domestic long-haired, tuxedo kitteh. She is going to be 15 years old in April.


13. Favorite food?
WAY too many to mention--I am a food addict/compulsive overeater. I also am a 'meat and potatoes' kind of gal, so I don't eat too many exciting foods.


14. Last movie you watched?
It's been too long, I can't remember. However, it must have been something on TV.


15. Favorite Day of the year?
I don't really have any favorite day.


16. What do you do to vent anger?
I yell and call the person I'm mad at names--this usually involves people who should never have been given driver's licenses.


17. What was your favorite toy as a child?
The toy that I remember best was my Baby Thumbelina doll. She was lost when we moved from one town to the house The Parents live in still. It really broke my heart to lose her.


18. What is your favorite, fall or spring?
I love fall--especially after the first frost. NO BUGS!!


19. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs are better than kisses.


20. What kind of pie?
I love cherry pie--but it doesn't always agree with me. Maybe I inherited a sensitivity to cherries from The Mother--she is highly allergic to them.


21. Do you want your friends to email you back?
I think what I would like even more is to know my friends have received the emails I send. I do love hearing from my friends, of course.


22. Who is most likely to respond?
If this is in reference to this meme, I don't know as I am not tagging anyone.


23. Who is least likely to respond?
Same answer as the last one.


24. Living arrangements?
Hubby, me, and the kitteh.


25. When was the last time you cried?
I really don’t remember.


26. What is on the floor of your closet?
Dust, cat fur, and shoes. (I really need to clean my closet.)


27. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are tagging?
Not tagging anyone.


28. The friend you have known the shortest amount of time that you are tagging?
Same answer as last one.


29. Favorite smell?
Hmmm. It’s hard to say. I will say that my favorite perfume at this time is Donna Karan’s Cashmere Mist. Nummy.


30. What inspires you?
Now THAT’S a hard question—I would have to think long and hard about it.


31. What are you afraid of?
Off the top of my head: water, spiders, stinging insects, needles, dentists, heights, closed spaces, snakes…you get the idea.


32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
I think I like plain hamburgers best.


33. Favorite car?
Right now it would have to be my Jimmy. They no longer make them, so I will have to find another SUV to have as a favorite when we replace my baby.


34. Favorite cat breed?
I don’t think I have a favorite. I am NOT fond of Siamese cats and I am actually kind of frightened by those hairless cats! They are creepy.


35. Number of keys on your key ring?
3—plus TWO Red Wings key rings, the remote for the Jimmy locks, etc, and the remote starter for the Jimmy.


36. How many years at your current job?
Going on 35.


37. Favorite day of the week?
Considering I rarely even KNOW what day it is, I guess none are my favorite. With K working shifts like he does, it is very hard to remember what day of the week it is.


38. How many provinces have you lived in?
PROVINCES? I would guess this meme was written by someone in Canada. Now, as for how many STATES: I’ve lived in two, Michigan and South Carolina.


39. How many countries have you been to?
I have been to Canada a couple of times, so the answer is 2.


I am not tagging anyone for this, but I hope many of my readers decide to do it. I always enjoy reading everyone’s answers.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:18 PM

    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
    My oldest--and this time SHE called me! :)

    MIRACLES DO HAPPEN

    1. What is your occupation?
    Homemaker--and before that, homemaker and mommy. I have always been a stay-at-home.

    I AM SO JEALOUS


    3. What are you listening to right now?
    I have 'Law & Order' on the television.

    LOVE THAT SHOW

    8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
    Of course, she's a sweetie!

    awwww.......THANKYOU


    10. What is your favorite sport to watch?
    I am NOT going to say it! (I promised Mel I wasn't going to use the 'h' word. :)) My second favorite sport to watch used to be boxing. I haven't followed it for some time as there aren't any fighters that excite me right now.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


    I loved these answers/ GREAT JOB
    thanks for playing


    xxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u please whispering me what the "h" means. i promise, i won't tell Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'h' is for hockey--the sport I am OBSESSED with! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...