Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday Evening

Just talked to A--NOTHING about the non-pregnancy, of course--and she seemed to be in good spirits. I try not to pry, but make myself available to listen whenever my girls need to talk. I think it is working well.

The worst thing about the insemination not working is that with each attempt, the likelihood of her ever getting pregnant without in vitro, grows. EACH attempt at getting pregnant via in vitro is $10,000-15,000--not a drop in the bucket. And every attempt ONLY happens during one cycle! What a money-making racket! And to top it all off, only an extremely few insurance companies cover in vitro--or most infertility treatments, for that matter. I wish I had answers--or at the very least, a mirror into the future so that I could let her know that all will work out well.

**********

C called for a short moment as she was on her way to a meeting and said they have been approved for some in-home therapy for their son. He has been going to the hospital--which he will continue--for some treatments for his autism, but this will help them in their attempts to do for him at home. As autism therapy seems to involve a lot of repetition, having things they can do at home will only help the entire process.

**********

K starts three days off tomorrow--hopefully--and said we should take a trip up north to FINALLY see the baby. Yes, the baby was born on 3 January and we STILL haven't seen her. I guess we're terrible grandparents. :|

**********

NOT good news out of Detroit. Today it was announced that Lidstrom will be gone for at least three weeks. How will they survive? He is the best player on the team--best D-man in the league, best European to ever play the game--and the captain. Their number 2 and 3 D-men are out--Rafalski has just been put on injured reserve, so there is no telling when HE will be back. Hasek has been put on IR, also. The team is falling apart at the seams! They called up two more from Grand Rapids--should be an interesting game on Friday.

Of course, with all of the injuries happening, things might get heated now during the trades going on. The next few days will be very nerve-wracking! I have to stop reading the rumors, however--the last one I read said that Baby Boy has been traded to Atlanta! Oh, please, don't let it be true!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:59 PM

    you are not a terrible grandparent.

    glad A-Nothing is A-OKay? ish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we continue to be 'terrible' grandparents: C said they had too much to do today for us to go and visit. :) I'm happy she is comfortable enough to tell us not to come--I would hate to have her feel obligated to cancel things just so we could visit! Anyway, I'm helping the oldest granddaughter with a school project--via computer--so my ranking as a grandparent has gone up a lot!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Such prices are outrageous especially when it is the woman who has endure so much. Somebody is getting filthy rich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even MY GYN thinks the prices are outrageous. True, he is specializing in the 'older woman,' so he doesn't do infertility or pregnancy anymore. Although, the adoption process is about the same price! It just doesn't seem right, does it?

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...